Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sun. April 9

From a sunny, gorgeous MO,

This has been a good day for us. First the girls slept until almost 5:00 this a.m. - approached the 8 hour mark for having not been outside. After cleaning up, we went to McDonald's for a drive through to get a sandwich and have spent the rest of the day at home.

I had one Friday paper, both Saturday papers, and of course both of today's to go through. The KC paper today (in the sports section) had a darling photo of a man and his dog in a boat - with the guy fishing. The dog just happened to be a Westie named Brodie. Brodie almost seemed to be pointing as the guy brought a fish close to the boat and according to the article, the dog liked to "release" the fish back into the lake. Jim had spotted the photo and I was looking for it and also read the article (which he had not done, but did so when I commented on it.) I am sure John saw the article as well as Ron.

We dozed again during the middle part of the day. My blood pressure is fine, but it just seems that by mid-day I can easily nap. The last time I took my blood pressure it was 120/65. Now I just need to get into the habit of walking again so that maybe medication can be lessened. Of course weight also needs to come off.

I went next door to see how the young mother (Brandi Davis Ellis) was doing as she was sitting on their deck with her feet propped up. She is planning on going back to school tomorrow as she has a practice teacher, but I'm not going to bet that she last the day. I thought she really looked pale today and the baby had settled towards her spine so no position was comfortable. Gracie (kindergarten) and Mollie (age 3) came home with me to check out the pups. Of course we supervise the pups and girls closely as the pups really don't know how to behave. They wouldn't hurt the girls, but their jumping around would probably scare them. For some reason I thought of bringing some food outside and the girls finally worked up the courage to feed the dogs (the 3 year old knows no fear and was immediately feeding Abby and Trixie - took a little longer for Gracie).

We had the spaghetti casserole that I had fixed on Thursday a.m. for our supper tonight. I had also bought some asparagus, but am thinking it had been in the refrigerator a little too long. I'm going to get a roast to fix for supper tomorrow night and then fix leftover potatoes into potato patties.

We have a long list of errands to do tomorrow. Most of them won't take more than 5 to 10 minutes each, but I will feel better if each can be marked off.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home