Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sun. April 16

From a sunny Easter morning in MO,

We slept well last night with the girls not getting my attention until after 5:00 this a.m.

I've fixed French toast for us and am generally being lazy.

Helen called this a.m. about a fire in the Chula area on Friday night - or early Saturday a.m. Vickie had called her to let her know that Jane Sanson Edmundson's son is assumed to have died in the house fire. Two bodies were in the fire and two trucks were parked outside - one of them being owned by the Edmundson boy. Identification is being done before legal notice of names is being issued.

Jim and I are getting ready to mow at least parts of the yard. Some areas are really growing fast and furiously. It is much easier to clean up after the girls if we keep the grass short in their fenced off area.

I have been meaning to tell you that two or three days ago, on one of my trips to the backyard, I heard the familiar voice of a jenny wren. We have had a jenny wren family use our two wren nests for several years now - have two broods each year. I had thought about getting the wren boxes out a few weeks ago, but thought it was too early. Hopefully we didn't wait too long this year, but I heard the wren voice again this a.m. in the backyard so maybe they were patient with us.

Later:

We dozed much of the afternoon and haven't done much constructively since then. I did finish the newest Marian Chesney book in the Edwardian series today. I sort of took a detour from genealogy and must admit that I enjoyed the day of reading.

I have the computer work for Mobile Meals on Monday a.m. and then have a few quick errands to do - beyond that - not much is on the agenda other than genealogy and probably should do some housework - might do a "Scarlet O'Hara" on the latter.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home