Monday, April 24, 2006

Mon. April 24

From a sunny, but potentially stormy MO,

This has been a much more quiet day for us - or at least for me. The girls slept better last night - and that means I sleep better. I wasn't quite ready for the 6:30 alarm this a.m., but I like to get to the RSVP office and get started early - and out early.

There were only a few changes to make in the reports this a.m. Ruth was there and she seems to like to run off the labels - which is fine with me. We were almost ready to leave when Charles called that he would not be in later to xerox the main list - so I quickly headed to the xerox and Ruth put the sheets together. Charles thought he had told Nina on Friday that he wouldn't be in, but Nina wasn't in the office on Friday so I'm not sure who he had told. Anyway, the second phase was completed.

Jim met me at Barnes Baker as I left the car again today to have the "twanging" noise checked. I called a few minutes ago and they are still puzzling over the noise - sometimes they hear it and others times they don't - so who knows.

The four of us dozed much of the middle of the day. Jim is now at track practice and I have been trying to do some minor cleaning on the main level of the house to be ready for the ladies to arrive in the a.m. to go over the scholarship applications. I did a rough read through this afternoon and am glad I am not actively involved in choosing the winning candidate. I know only one of the candidates and know of maybe two or three others - and can't see a lot of difference (on paper) with the group.

I need to get to HyVee a little later this evening (after supper) to get a few items. Barnes Baker is keeping the car overnight and Mike promised they would put it in the garage as we could have a stormy night - no tornadoes are being discussed at this time, just bad weather.

Tuesday should be a full day for me. The ladies arrive at 10:00 and I am expecting at least an hour and a half to make a decision. Since we don't have a track meet tomorrow, I'm planning on joining Helen and the others for dessert at 4:00. I need to come up with something easy for supper as I won't get home until a little after 5:00 and of course we usually eat between 5:30 to 6:30. I find that I have an easier night when I last eat about 2 or 3 hours before bedtime.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home