Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wed. April 26

From what started off as a dampish, coolish morning to now an almost warm, but sunny afternoon,

We had periods of rain last night, but I must admit that I slept through them. Someone commented today about the thunder - and I asked "what thunder?" Oh, well - guess I slept well for at least part of the night.

The girls didn't get my attention until about 4:30 this a.m. and of course after being outside snuggled close to me and we didn't hear much until Jim came into the bedroom about 7:00.

Jim had breakfast with both groups of "old men" this a.m. - oatmeal with the first group and whole wheat toast with the second group. He didn't come with much news. Sandy Wheeler called later today to ask about Jim Nashan as someone at work seemed to think he was in the hospital. I've e-mailed Butch Shaffer so maybe he will know.

The girls and I slept in until almost 9:00 this a.m. The car was at Barnes Baker from yesterday. Jim went by on his way home and it was decided the car was safe to drive - and unless the noise became worse, not to worry about it. We'll see -- I have their 800 number and I wonder how they would feel if I called from out of town to come and get me - oh, well --

I have done "catch-up" today. All thank you notes to the ladies who judged as well as the students who submitted applications are now done. The latter will be mailed the day of the senior assembly. I also updated paper work relative to the scholarship so all that needs to be done in January is to change dates. It is good to have it tucked away. I'll leave paperwork for Mr. Meek tomorrow as he is to be home - he needs to sign the scholarship certificate and decide who will do the presenting - the latter I refuse to do!

Jim dozed this afternoon and I decided to go to Beijing for lunch and then went to Clara's afterwards. It seems there are so many things going on at breakfast on Thursday that I always forget to ask her something.

Jim is now at track practice and I am trying to get paper shredded so as to be able to go out for recyling tomorrow. Of course we always have a barrel of newspapers and small boxes, but I try to shred all items that have our names on them.

I went by Kelly's this afternoon and picked up the three items that I had left there to be matted and framed. Of course they turned out great as Kelly does a fantastic job.

I have breakfast with the ladies in the a.m. and beyond that I hope to put the finishing touches on genealogy for the Jobson reunion. I don't have much left to do. I need to call Grace Ann again to see how many have returned reservations so far - that'll give me an idea on xeroxing.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Jim Nashan is hospitalized, not Don Dupy.

-JW

4/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home