Friday, May 05, 2006

Fri. May 5

From a warmer, but still comfortable MO,

Five years ago was when Margaret and I spent the day at the UCLA emergency room. I can't remember exactly why I had gone out - maybe to drive Lorraine to chemo treatments or maybe Margaret was house sitting in the valley. Anyway, Lorraine had experienced a bad night and eventually decided that a.m. that we needed to get to the emergency room. Thank goodness she decided by mid morning as by afternoon, ER rooms that were supposed to house one person were housing two and the hallways were also lined with patients. At least we had somewhat of a cubby-hole for privacy.

The girls slept from a little after 10:00 last night to about 5:55 this a.m. - probably heard Jim downstairs. Anyway, I had a good night of sleep.

I headed out with the girls about 8:00 to go through the drive-thru at McDonald's to get breakfast and then we headed home. By the time we got home, I decided that I just as well deposit a check at Investor's National so we headed there - much to the delight of the girls. They were barking uproariously at the drive-thru - wonder if they remember that dog treats can be obtained here - and of course they received their treats.

We were supposed to have someone come by at 10:00 to measure the fence that needs to be replaced and to then give us an estimate. The first estimate we received was almost three times what we paid in 1988 or 1989! Of course this time they need to haul off the current aging fence so we knew it would be somewhat more - but didn't expect this much more.

Anyway, we decided to go on and start mowing until the guy arrived. I am not sure if Jim misunderstood what day the guy was coming, but he didn't show - and he is usually quite reliable. He'll probably show up on Saturday a.m. and of course we'll be at the stadium then.

I did the push mower today and I am not sure what I did wrong, but I sure wracked up my neck. I made a quick trip to HyVee before lunch so as to get meat for supper - ended up getting one tenderloin which Jim and I divided. I then took two arthritis strength Tylenol (usually take one) and headed to the bedroom - to awaken a little more than two hours later - with some relief, but not much.

I took a tour of Clara's home this afternoon. She is such a neat person to know. Her home has so many family touches which I so enjoy rather than austere appearing rooms. Don was playing golf when I arrived and came home about the time I was needing to leave.

Jim's kids had an excellent afternoon of pole vault practice. You expect the worst after an injury or a broken pole, but the kids were doing things right. Maybe Jim will get some sleep tonight as he worried until about 3:00 this a.m.

We have a full day on Saturday. We will have a good breakfast at Country Kitchen and then be at the stadium by 9:00 - or knowing Jim - earlier. The girls begin vaulting at 10:00 with the boys to follow. Uusally conference is over by 4:00 - or shortly thereafterward. After coming home and showering, we are heading over to David and Vickie Garrett's for a rehash of the day along with pizza and a dessert that her mom is making.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home