Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thurs. May 4

From a somewhat overcast and a little above temperate MO,

This has been sort of a quiet day for us - or at least until Jim returned from pole vault practice.

The girls had a good night - and that means I had a good night. I was only up with them about 1:00, tucked them back in their sleeping crate, and then heard Jim moving around about 5:30 and he took them outside. They joined me in bed until about 6:30.

We had a fewer number at breakfast this a.m. - Clara, Pat, Marsha Leopard, Sandy, and yours truly. I'm not quite sure where everyone else was, will maybe find out next week.

Abby is currently sitting on my lap. About 15 minutes ago I found Trixie with a very dirty, yucky chew in her mouth - which she didn't want to relinquish. She finally did and it was so bad I wasn't sure I wanted to touch it. Evidently Abby may have been the one to dig it up as Jim then discovered that Abby had a filthy face. She had come into the computer room to be with me and I held her while Jim washed her face - still needs a little more work on it. She wasn't a happy camper and is now on my lap and draped over my left arm. Typing is not the easiest in this position.

Today was the day for errands - mailed a package to Canada - had to fill out special papers as a result, Westlake's for cards (paper last night and a photo of RC and Carole Myers and their upcoming 50th anniversary), Martin House for a wedding gift, later delivered the wedding gift, delivered a graduation gift, made a trip to HyVee, did some minor shopping at HyVee, and have spent some "catch-up" time on the computer. Oh, yes, there was also a quick trip to where I xerox.

Jim came home from pole vault practice in a rough mindset - a pole had broken with one of his vaulters. No one was hurt (this would be my major concern), but he knows it is a pole that needs to be replaced for next year and he hates ending the year knowing that a requisition needs to be made already. I just keep thinking that the kid wasn't hurt and that is the major consideration. I keep telling him that it is a wonder that poles don't break more often as they are stored in the dressing rooms during track season and I know they have to be a temptation for others to try and they need to be held correctly or harm can come to the pole and the person using it.

We are hoping to mow our yard tomorrow. The ground is still mushy, but for sure we won't get to it on Saturday and I've not looked at the weather for Sunday - and the grass is probably past a day or two of needing mowing already. I have a few short projects that I would like to get finished tomorrow - one thing is locating mom's obituary in one of the storage boxes downstairs - I know it is there, but which box?

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home