Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thurs. May 11

From a blustery, miserable Thursday in MO,

We ended up doing quite a bit on Wednesday. Jim took the bulk of the large limb from the apple tree (limb had split because of decay) to the landfill yesterday morning (after his two breakfasts) as it was a "free" day to take yard debris. After track practice, we mowed the yard and also cut up into smaller pieces the rest of the limb (what wouldn't fit into the back of Jim's truck) and put it out for the landfill people to pick up today.

We went to bed very early last night - in fact my light was turned off at 8:30. The girls slept in their crate until almost 2:30 and then after a trip outside, I let them join me in bed - didn't hear from them again until almost 6:30 - and I think they heard Jim moving around. Jim has been sleeping downstairs for several weeks as he has had difficulty sleeping - and reads when he is awake.

I think we had five at breakfast this a.m. - Pat, Judy Duncan, Sandy, Clara, Kay, and yours truly. Jan and Marsha were substituting and Judy Mathew is spending some time with her mother at Bedford, Iowa. I am not sure where Mary Willis was. Everyone seems to have so many things going on that we spent quite a bit of time just trying to catch up.

Jim dozed much of the middle part of the day (of course also did some reading). I have spent much of the day getting Jobson genealogy ready to xerox on Friday. I now have it ready and am close to having another booklet ready, but will probably delay on that until the last week in case something new comes in.

I did begin reading the newest Diane Mott Davidson book last evening. I do so enjoy reading this series. I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done tonight as my eyes have had about all the computer time that I can deal with.

I'm trying a recipe from Clara tonight - mix hamburger, egg, cracker crumbs, onion, shredded cheese, etc together and make a large patty (all of this is put on aluminum foil) then add thinly sliced onions, potatoes, carrots, green pepper, etc. on top - seal the combo up with alum foil - then bake in the oven. I'm sure there are a few more things in the recipe, but this is the gist. I think it will be quite tasty.

We have only two specific items on the agenda for Friday - 11:00 doctor's appointment for me to check blood pressure and if I've lost weight (haven't) and Jim will have a shortened pole vault practice. Speaking of pole vaulting, Butch Shaffer sent a marvelous photo of Clint (the freshman) going up on the pole - almost death defying - and I've been trying to add it to the blog with no success. I then tried downloading the photo to a disc and have struck out - so need to watch how Jim does that tonight - then I can move it to the blog. You'll be astounded! It really shows why Jim probably hasn't been sleeping too well at night.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a wonderful photograph. Did you do that one?

5/12/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home