Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wed. May 17

From a now dark and late (for me) MO,

This has been a fast paced day. Thank goodness the girls slept well last night.

I was at the middle school by 8:30 to join others in a retirement breakfast for Terri Willard and Doug Long. The meal was catered from various sources - three egg/meat casseroles, cinnamon rolls, a fruit assortment, strawberries dipped in chocolate, cheesecake, potato casserole, etc., etc., etc. Among the retirees present were Mr. O'Dell, Judy Duncan, Helen Robinson, Pat Nichols, and I know I must be missing some - Sandy McGinnis was at NKC as her grandson was having tubes put into his ears, Kay was getting ready to leave for Taiwan, and so forth.

When I was leaving, David Kinen asked what my next activity was and I mentioned having a change of clothes so as to help Jim and vaulters put away the porta pits and the wooden pallets. He nicely volunteered to help and along with Ken Stull (weight coach) the project went quite well. Three of the vaulters were also there so we were done in less than an hour - but it was a dirty, sweaty hour.

After showering, we headed to the bowling alley for a sandwich and salad - then did errands - item to CHS, bank, baby card and gift sack, and it seems as if something more was also on the list.

I had a hair cut at 2:00 and then puttered with genealgoy, gift "wrapping", etc. until it was time to change into proper attire to go to the track banquet. This was a much shorter affair than normal - usually three hours - and we were out of there in a little more than an hour. I missed the kids not being spoken about individually, but it does become a very long evening.

Jim had breakfast this a.m. with both groups (Nashan still at NKC hospital) and I found out at the CMS breakfast that Ruth Miller is home, but not ready for company yet. Of course he also spent time at the pole vault area, slept some this afternoon, helped at the head table at the banquet, and is now fast asleep.

I have breakfast with the ladies in the a.m. then have a meeting of the RSVP board at 12:15 and the library board at 1:30. I noticed in the paper tonight that another lady has retired so I need to locate a retirement card and send her a letter about our weekly breakfasts. The refrigerator is bare of leftovers so I need to fix supper tomorrow night.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home