Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tues. May 23

From a still daylight, warmish, breezy MO,

This has been a full day - as usual. Lesley Patek came by about 9:00 last night and we managed to nab one of the kittens. She set a trap for the rest of the litter and there were two in there this morning when she came at about 6:30. She reset the trap and by 9:00 a fourth kitten had been nabbed - which she came and picked up. The trap was again set and about 7:30 I was outside watering plants and heard a thump - and the mother has now been caught. Lesley was really hoping to get the mother as she knew the mother would be pregnant again - with more kittens. She'll be by later and get the mother. At least the kittens will be reunited with the mother for the time being.

We did a brief walk this a.m. - I am guessing not too much more than half a mile and Jim was very winded half way through so we returned home. I can't say I was in the best shape, but I could have done a few more blocks. We are terribly out of shape!

We (including the girls) left here about 11:00 to head to Marceline and to New Cambria to decorate. The flags were already in place in Marceline and the cemetery was very well groomed. My maternal grandmother and my mom's brother are buried there as well as a brother of my grandfather Jobson.

We then did a brief drive through the downtown area of Marceline - then we headed to New Cambria. This cemetery has many Jobsons (or family relatives ) in it - extending from my great, great grandfather and grandmother Jobson, great grandfather and grandmother Jobson, grandparent Jobson, two uncles, great aunt, cousins, one great uncle (and wife) as well as a great aunt, and then extended Jobson family descending from siblings of my great grandfather. Then on my grandmother Jobson's side - her parents and maternal grandparents. There is also a marker for the great, great uncle who died after the siege of Vicksburg. Of course these graves are a small part of the community cemetery and I always recognize so many names on headstones from growing up in the area.

When we returned from New Cambria, Jim dropped me off at HyVee while he brought the girls on home - then returned to pick me up. Helen came a little later, then we had a phone call from Vickie Garrett and ended up having dessert at Washington Street.

Jim is having breakfast with both "old men" groups in the a.m. and then will leave with some of the second group to go to North Kansas City to see Jim Nashan. Jim Nashan taught social studies at our local high school for many years and is a vital member of the second group. He has been at NKC for probably 3 weeks at least and who knows how much longer. I'll try to pass on information tomorrow when Jim is back.

We had somewhat of a downer today as we went to see a local insurance agent to sign up for "long term care." As she was filling Jim's questionnaire out she asked about cancer and because Jim uses the implant - he was denied coverage - Jim always cringes when he gets turned down whether the first time when he inquired about giving blood, life insurance for car loans, and now this. I can no longer be covered under a "couples" discount and mine will be about $150 higher. I need to make a decision in the next couple of days or will have to pay a higher premium when my birthday arrives. Jim thinks I should go on and get the three year coverage, but I'm not sure - will need to sleep tonight on it as I need to have a check in by Thursday if I want to be covered on the current age rate. Decisions!

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home