Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sun. May 21

From a warmish, breezy MO,

This has been a quiet day - just what these old bones needed. The girls seem to be upset when we are away for a length of time and I tend to be up with them several times during the night - seemingly needing to go outside and they usually do puddle - but last night it was 12:30, 2:30, and again at 5:30 -- needless to say I needed some sleep this afternoon.

I had finished crocheting a baby afghan on the way to Kearney yesterday and spent part of the morning sewing the loose strands of yarn in - something I don't enjoy doing. Anyway, it is now ready to go to the cleaners tomorrow to be blocked.

The Sunday newspapers are always enjoyable and the KC paper had a good article on visiting Big 12 cities - and today's city was Austin. We have yet to see the bats and Barton Springs, but we have covered most of the other items that were mentioned - especially the eating places. Whole Foods was mentioned and that is a fantastic experience.

I slept for three hours this afternoon and Jim also went down for a nap, but not nearly as long. He had taken a Tylenol PM last evening and of course slept through all of my getting up and down with the girls.

I now have six tomato plants in the ground - about two weeks later than usual for me. I also have the appropriate marigolds planted around them to help ward of bugs. Jim was checking out the privacy fence and had come across a black cat in the backyard - of course the girls were going bananas on their smaller area of yard. Then when he reached the southeast corner (behind the shed) he came across a small black kitten. Now I'm wondering if the girls had discovered the mommy cat yesterday while outside and this added to their reasons for going outside last night - oh, well --

I still need to water the flowers in the front yard and do a serious job of weeding, but I am hoping we will get some rain and the weeds will pull easier. Now that is a good excuse for "Scarlet O'Hara".

We have a full day on Monday. I do the computer work for Mobile Meals and have a good list of errands to do - none will take much time, but they need to get done. Jim also has his own list of errands so we'll see how far we get.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home