Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thurs. May 25

From a now dark, warmish MO,

This has been another full day. The girls slept until after 4:00 this a.m. and by about 5:30, Jim and I knew we were awake for at least part of the day so we let them join us in bed - much to their great delight. They especially love their daddy after he shaves - something about the shaving cream residue makes them even more loving.

I did hear the fifth kitten when I took the girls outside at 4:00 so Jim put a little milk out about 6:30 - and it was gone in about an hour. We have called Lesley again so hopefully she'll get here to set the trap. Jim and I saw the kitten this evening and he put more milk out.

We had several at breakfast this a.m. - Clara, Pat, Judy Duncan, Mary Dusenberry, Laurinda, Mary Willis, Sandy, and yours truly. I may be missing someone - just chalk that up to old age. Jan Logan and her husband are to return from Italy I think tomorrow (Friday.)

I had a few errands to run and then I checked in at home. We (the four of us) took off a little before 10:00 for a few more errands and then left the girls at their "hairdresser's" at 10:30 for a summer haircut. I really don't like the hair this short, but it looks as if summer has arrived and since we are thinking about going to Pomme next week, I want to see any critters that might get on them as I really don't want little critters in the trailer. Ticks are very active and plentiful this summer. The girls have Frontline, but I still don't want the critters coming into the trailer.

Jim and I headed to Edinburg cemetery - going through Trenton - and put some flowers down on the graves of JT, Lorraine, Mike, Laddie, great grandparent Fulkersons, Harold Fulkerson, and grandparent Montie and Opal French. There were several cars there with people decorating graves. One thing we noticed was that NO peony bushes were visible - wonder if that must be a policy?

We ate at the Wild Onion as we retraced our steps towards Chillicothe.

We picked up the girls at 1:30 - quite sleek - especially Abby who doesn't seem to have an ounce of fat on her - then there is Trixie, but even with everything showing, she doesn't look as fat as when she has a lot of hair. Trixie's hair is more dense than Abby's with a heavier undercoat, but she is still heavy.

We headed to the bedroom when we got home and the four of us took a two hour nap.

I have all of the flowers and veggies planted now except for the butterfly bush. I will tackle that on Friday.

Friday will be a full day. Jim joins one of the breakfast groups in the a.m. We hope to walk a little after 7:00 in the a.m. - then he will go on to breakfast. I am leaving here a little after 3:00 to head to Bucklin to help set up for the reunion. I am toying on going on to Macon afterwards to meet relatives that I have never seen before, but am not sure I want the 60 mile trip home afterwards - we'll just see how I feel after setting up.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home