Monday, May 29, 2006

Mon. May 29

From a potentially stormy MO,

This has been relatively a quiet day. The girls for some reason were restless last night. I was up with them about 11:30, again at 4:30, and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I finally got up about 5:30 and retrieved the KC paper - St. J wasn't here yet.

I went back to bed about 6:00 as Jim was moving about that time. We headed to Country Kitchen for a "birthday" breakfast about 7:00. I splurged and had a big breakfast rather than the usual "light" breakfast.

Jim worked outside this a.m. even thought it was already warm and humid. He mowed the yard and also drove in some metal posts at key spots along the wooden fence - hoping this will give some support while we are gone. I am going to have to call contractors when we get back from Pomme as he doesn't seem to ever get around to it. I was hoping the repair was going to be done before he went to Canada, but ---

I can't believe how warm our mornings are - usually almost 70 and sometimes a little above - with the humidity level unbearable. Needless to say, we haven't walked outside and I must start using the stationary bicycle downstairs.

We dozed during the middle part of the day. I didn't realize I was so tired, but I was down for four hours! Jim was down for probably close to three hours. He had a reason as he had gotten so hot this a.m., but I have just been puttering.

I have done several small "clean-up" projects this a.m., but still have a few more to do today. Harvey and Barbara are going to Alaska later this summer and I have some old photos from Skagway and Whitehorse that dad took when he was in the service in the mid 1940s. I want to make copies tomorrow and send the copies to them.

Tomorrow will be full as we need to pack and get boxes ready to take to the trailer. I brought home anything that would freeze last October and also some baking staples (flour, cornmeal, sugar, etc.) and these containers need to be filled. I also need to check that I have oil, etc. When we didn't have pups it was easy for me to go to a local store (maybe five miles away) to get almost anything I needed, but with this heat, I don't want them in the car while I shop. I can leave them in their crate in the trailer, but that is not want I want to do frequently.

In case I forget to mention it on Tuesday, we will be leaving on Wednesday for Pomme de Terre - coming home probably Tuesday or Wednesday or next week - depending on weather.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home