Sunday, July 15, 2007

July 14 and 15

From a sunny, warmish MO,

We really didn't do too much on Saturday. I went to the funeral service of Jack McCall. I know my hearing isn't as good as it used to be, but the speaker system where the "guest" speakers spoke was atrocious. I could hear the minister fine - wasn't that impressed with him, but I really wanted to hear what friends had to say - and couldn't hear that. Even Kenny C - who has a beautiful voice - did not come through well.

Last evening we headed to the Wabash BBQ for their outdoor concert. The sky looked somewhat threatening to the north and east, but we thought we would just watch and see what happened. The crowd was quite small last night - am guessing too many things going on in town and by a little before 9:00 a few sprinkles started and the lightning was getting closer. We decided to head home a few minutes later and the heavens opened up with buckets of water coming down and lots of wind. I spent about 30 minutes this a.m. cleaning up debris in our backyard - well not cleaning up, just getting it off the yard.

Jim went to Indian Creek to fish this today so I headed to Country Kitchen for a full breakfast. People in a booth a short distance from mine were saying that their yard looked like a war area - so guess the CT will have something about this in the paper tomorrow. It sounds as if we were just lucky to get an inch of rain and dead limbs down.

I have done some minor dusting this morning - should have been major. I'm also doing a couple of loads of laundry and then plan on curling up with the 14th Susan Wittig Albert book and/or taking a nap - eventually probably both. I fixed a layered lettuce/frozen pea/cheese, etc. salad yesterday so am thinking I'll fix hamburgers for supper - and finish off with the salad.

We have several errands to do on Monday, but the main one will be that one of us stays by the phone at all times as we have missed calls from Liberty Hospital on Thursday and Friday. If all is still "go", we have to be at the hospital by 7:30 on Tuesday to do pre-op testing - meaning we will need to leave here about 6:00.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home