Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sun. May 27

From a temperate, sunny MO,

We had a few sprinkles during the night, but not enough to show any relief for the large cracks in our backyard - yes, cracks just a few weeks after the deluge!

We walked outside this a.m. with the girls. We didn't do the full route as we slept in and mass was beginning at the Catholic church - so we cut the walk short by a couple of short blocks. The girls just love this outing.

After listening to some suggestions in the recent dog book, we had the girls on "choker" leashes and I must admit that it was much easier for the adults. We had already stopped letting them roam to the end of the leash, but this kept them much closer and since they didn'thave halters on, they kept much closer to us - with only one or two episodes of trying to pull.

We left here a little after 11:00 to go to Trenton and the Fulkerson reunion. It was not held at Galt this year, but rather at Trenton - at the Wild Onion. There were a lot fewer people there than usual, but one family that has attended so well in the past has been in the Trenton area twice in recent months to bury parents. I am guessing there were maybe 30 to 35 people in attendance.

Margaret - I asked Mary Lynn to send either to you or to me a list of those in attendance as I thought you would be interested. Lucille looked good and Adelina looked better than I've seen her in recent times. The food was usual mid-west fare - fried chicken, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, biscuits and bread. A choice was available for dessert - blackberry cobbler with ice cream or ice cream topped with a brownie - then drizzled with chocolate syrup.

We stayed a couple of hours and I was ready to head to the nearest corner to sleep. When we did get home, I climbed in bed and slept for two hours - while Jim mowed the yard and filled the car with gas. I could easily go back to sleep now, but will try to stay awake until 10:00 - now 8:30.

I tried calling Doug a few minutes ago, but they must be out. I'll try again tomorrow.

I have the computer work for Mobile Meals in the a.m. and Jim will go with me to xerox. With it being a holiday, the office will be empty and it is in sort of an isolated area. Plus if Jim goes with me, it will save about 30 minutes of time.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home