Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thurs., Fri., & Sat. May 24-26

From what has been a warmish, humid MO,

Thursday morning saw maybe eleven "ladies" gathering for breakfast. We had so many that I couldn't keep up with all the conversations. We had two join us that are still working - Jean S. and Mary D. - but the others are all retired. Mary W. was absent as we found out later that her brother had died the day before. I am not sure where Ellen W. was.

Friday saw us walking in the a.m. and then Jim and I headed out to decorate at Marceline and New Cambria. I neglected to put flowers at one grave as I couldn't remember for sure - g,g grandparents on my paternal mother's side. Someone had already decorated graves for our family at NC - or at least some of them. Between NC and Marceline - the two brothers and one sister of my paternal grandfather are buried. I think I have mentioned that seven generations of the Jobson family are buried at New Cambria.

We left Chillicothe by 6:30 this a.m. to head to Jefferson City for the state track meet. Our female vaulter made the starting height this afternoon and then faltered at 9 feet - had cleared 10 feet one week ago. This is quite a venue at JC and I thought she showed a lot of poise clearing the starting height for a freshman.

I will soon be heading to bed. Jim is watching a John Wayne movie - am thinking it is called "The Quiet Man."

Oh, we listened to an excellent book today (well at least about 2/3 of it) - KITE RUNNER. I really wasn't in the mood to listen to a book, but was soon very much caught up in it. Julie A. had mentioned this book on Thursday a.m. and I said something to Jim. He had already read the book, but checked it out to listen to it again.

We are beginning to get a little thunder so I am going to sign off.

We are going to Trenton on Sunday to the Fulkerson reunion. Several of the older generation have died since we were last in attendance.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home