Monday, June 25, 2007

Tues. - Mon. June 19-June 25

From a sunny and warmish MO,

Pat and I went to Kansas City last Tuesday - checked out "I Love a Mystery" bookstore, wandered around Whole Foods and found the Irish oatmeal that Margaret introduced me to, checked out Borders, took Pat to Land of Paws (a rather yuppy pet store), ate at TGIF, made a stop at Barnes and Noble -- and then headed north. We stopped at Liberty to check out an antique store and then another one as we were heading north on I-35. All in all, a good day.

I basically have puttered around the house while Jim was gone. He called me about 9:00 on Thursday evening that they were north of Watertown, SD and thought they would be in Chillicothe between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. - actually turned out to be a little after 5:00 a.m. Needless to say, all the guys were tired. Jim puttered a little on the horse coffin and then retreated to the bedroom for some much needed sleep.

We ended up making a trip to Cabela's on Saturday as there were a few fishing things he needed before his second outing. We also checked out sturdy chairs with arms at Nebraska Furniture Mart and ended up getting one with a few paint flecks missing - at a very good discount. The chair will be excellent for him to use in the weeks after surgery.

I had a yearly check-up with my "floaters" this past Wednesday and since he has dilated my eyes the last couple of years, I assumed he would do the same this year. Pat volunteered to drive me to and from - and of course it turned out that this year the dilation didn't occur. We did get together later for supper.

One of the things I did while Jim was away was to make arrangements for getting our yard mowed. Until fall it won't need frequent mowings - unless we get needed rain. We really don't need someone until after July 20, but I decided that Jim probably didn't need the jarring of the riding lawn mower so the guy is coming for the first time tomorrow. Actually he mowed our yard for several years when Jim was teaching and coaching track in the spring.

I fixed a pork roast on Sunday and we will have leftovers this evening. I opted for a baked potato last evening and Jim had some of the macaroni/bean salad that I had made - am not sure what his desire will be for this evening.

I have read the newest Janet Evanovich book - LEAN MEAN THIRTEEN - and of course found it delightful. I am currently reading book six of a series by Susan Wittig Albert. The setting is a mythical small town around San Marcos, TX with a contemporary time period. If you enjoy herbs with a few dead bodies thrown in, you might enjoy the series. The first book was THYME OF DEATH.

Jim leaves this coming Thursday (June 28) morning for his second trip to Canada. Dr. Eden, Jacob (Dr. E's grandson), John W., and Jim will be the foursome this time. They will stay the first night at Fargo, ND. Jim should be back in Chillicothe about 9:00 p.m. on Friday, July 6.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home