Monday, June 18, 2007

June 13-18

From what has become a rainy day in MO --

This has been a rather busy week. I seemed to have problems readjusting to MO time and I think finally I am almost back on norm.

Last Wednesday (13th) we went to Liberty to do a couple of errands and then ended up at Liberty hospital for a very informational three hour session on hip and knee replacements. (Jim is scheduled for hip replacement on July 20). The three hours went quite rapidly and I had lots of notes which I have since typed and will ask Jim to look at when he has time. It will be a long rehab and even after the first part, precautions will need to be taken for months relative to his hip - such as no driving for almost 8 weeks, no ladder climbing for two years, etc., etc., etc.

Jim left early on the morning of June 15 for his first of two trips to Canada (one is a "make-up" for the trip he missed last year as a result of his by-pass surgery. He should be home in the wee hours of Friday, June 22. He will be home a few days and then leave early on July 28 for his second trip. The second trip is just northeast of Winnipeg so there is less mileage involved - will return about 9:00 on July 6.

In the meantime, I have somewhat tackled the house. One issue is that our bed is too high for Jim to safely use so I have cleaned out the yellow bedroom (which I have used as craft storage) and it is now ready for Jim's use. I have also contacted Norma C. relative to giving her good quart jars that are used for sorghum when a festival occurs this fall that she is active in. I talked to her today and since they don't have a good cane crop this year (flooding earlier) they are going to do apple butter and need pints - these I also volunteered. I have time yesterday and today boxing up quarts and pints - and it doesn't appear unfortunately that I have even made a small dent in the utility room - even though most of the pints and quarts are gone - have 5 or 6 dozen quarts and probably 8 or 9 dozen pints to give the group.

Pat and I went to Jamesport on Friday and are planning on an outing to KC on Tuesday - if we have the needed energy. Both of us love going to "I Love a Mystery" bookstore so that will probably be our first stop.

I have my eyes dilated this coming Wednesday and Pat will drive me there and back. The first time I had this done when I discovered I had floaters, I thought I could safely drive home after sitting in the office a little - that turned out to be almost a disastrous error in thinking. Jim drove me last year and Pat will rescue Chillicothe residents this year.

I really have accomplished several things since Jim left - vacuumed upstairs, shampooed the living room carpet, readied the yellow bedroom for Jim's recuperation, boxed up pints and quarts, have gone by Grand River Inn and they will locate a suitable chair for Jim to use after surgery (has to have good arms) so that he can rejoin his breakfast groups, typed my notes from our trip to Liberty hospital, and have spent a great deal of time holding the girls.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home