Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wed. & Thurs. Oct. 4 & 5

From a more temperate, sunny MO,

These two days have flown by. Jim opted not to breakfast with the first group on Wednesday and after walking and showering, he headed to the local hospital to have some blood work done so it can be determined if his Lipitor needs to be changed. He did join the second breakfast group.

The girls and I slept in on Wednesday. After showering, I headed out for several errands. I had a doctor's appointment at 2:45 and Jim insisted on going with me. I had lost another couple of pounds and the doctor gave my sore foot, ankle, and leg a good check. He agreed that it must be a spider bite and recommended that after having used ice for several days, that it was time to switch to heat - and also to take Advil. I certainly won't overdue the Advil as Jim did early this spring!!!!

I fixed Clara's Dr. Pepper spaghetti for supper last night and also fixed some peas to go along with it - both turned out tasty.

Jim watches various news programs most of each evening and gets distressed at some of the opinions which he considers to be ill thought out - or poorly researched. He began grousing and I decided I didn't need to listen to his grousing so I retreated to the basement family room and queen size bed - ended up being asleep a little after 6:30. I slept until about 10:00 and then read for a couple of hours.

Jim was moving before I was this a.m. as he was going on a fishing outing to Indian Creek. This was his first outing with the boat since surgery (actually since our June trip to Pomme.) He came back in about 2:30 this afternoon - had enjoyed the outing, but didn't bring home any fish - as a result he is going to get to take me out for supper tonight - as my old ankle and foot hurts worse than yesterday.

I joined the ladies for breakfast this a.m. We ended up having six present - Pat, Clara, Judy Duncan, Mary, Margaret, and yours truly. The scary news this a.m. was the car accident that Marsha Leopard had on Wednesday a.m. on highway 36 - for some reason the car had drifted to the side and when she corrected it - ended up rolling the car three times. The seat belt kept her from being ejected. She is battered and bruised and has some glass in one or both eyes. She is home, but someone was staying with her today and maybe tomorrow.

Sandy Wheeler called this afternoon as she was heading south towards Branson. The two girls and their families are joining the Chillicothe Wheeler family at Branson for a long weekend. Sandy's mother was also going.

We should have a relatively quiet day on Friday and then will attend the home high school football game in the evening.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home