Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fri. & Sat. Sept 29 and 30

From a warm, fall day in MO,

The past two days have been full. The four of us walked in the a.m. and then Jim had breakfast with the second old group on Friday a.m. and I had a doctor's appointment for 11:15 - arrived there and was ready to go in when the doctor was called downstairs for an emergency - so I will go back next Wednesday - no problem as the scales weren't being too good to me after the trip to Chicago.

Jim and I took a wagon load of decayed wood (from the tired old fence) to the dump yesterday afternoon and then we collapsed for a long nap - didn't wake up until after 4:00. We were at the chili supper by 5:00 and then on to the stadium to get our usual seats.

The game was a downer for Chillicothe and although we scored first - that was the one and only touchdown while Savannah had maybe three.

The four of us walked again this morning, but I seem to have developed a gimpy left foot. I don't think it is an ankle sprain as I don't remember turning it, so will see if it is still bothering me on Wednesday when I see Dr. Metry.

We took the girls on errands with us this a.m. and then while I was at HyVee, Jim went to the shed and brought the boat over. It has only been out of the shed once this summer - when we went to Pomme in early June. We are hoping to get back to Pomme in the next couple of weeks as the trailer needs to be winterized.

We dozed again this afternoon and I need to get supper ready now. I bought some pork chops today and will semi-fry them for supper and will fix a butternut squash. I am not sure what green veggie I will have - need to check the freezer and the shelves.

Abby is draped over my left arm as I am trying to type this and Trixie is curled up in a ball on the floor - both of them sleeping.

We don't have anything special planned for Sunday other than enjoying the newspapers and getting some more rest.

Be safe.
B.

We slept in this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home