Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fri. & Sat. Sept. 22 & 23

From a moist Saturday morning in MO,

Friday was a full day. The four of us walked about 7:00 in the a.m., cleaned up, and then Jim headed to join the second breakfast group. I decided to have a full breakfast at Country Kitchen.

I puttered some around the house when I returned and then left after 10:00 to head to Marceline. A first cousin of my father's had died earlier this week. Now this is only one cousin of that Jobson generation alive. I had corresponded with this lady for the past few years and she had been a great help in filling in her branch of the Jobson family. Her first husband had died more than 30 years ago (they had six children) and she remarried and for the past several years had lived in Manhattan, KS. I had never met any of her children so I joined Aunt Maxine and Bobby in going to the burial service at Marceline.

I returned to Chillicothe in time to get clothes changed to more of a football need and we were soon on our way to the NKC area. I needed one more top for the outing to Chicago and Jim had a book to pick up at Barnes and Noble. We enjoy eating bison at Ted Turner's at Zona Rosa so had a delightful sandwich and veggies there.

The game was very one-sided in Platte City's favor. I wasn't sure we could win, but would have felt a lot more comfortable had the game been closer. It was a beautiful evening and just before the fourth quarter started we had a few drops of rain. By the time Jim returned from the truck with our rain jackets - the rain had stopped - guess it is good to go prepared.

We got back to Chillicothe about 11:00. The girls and I have spent the last two nights in the basement family room. They had some adjustment the first night, but settled in much quicker than I expected. Jim is trying to adjust to the bed upstairs - which he much prefers to the one in the basement as it is softer - and I prefer the firmness of the mattress in the basement. At some point the girls and I will return upstairs.

We awakend to light rain this (Saturday) morning. We had planned on walking, but that has gone by the wayside. We will be taking the girls to the kennel in the next 30 minutes as they close at noon (vet's office). We will pick them up on Thursday a.m.

We are supposed to go to Edinburg this afternoon (about 5:00) for a reunion, but it will not be held if it is raining as it is outside. We'll call about 3:00 to see what Charles and Wanda are planning - then rather than me cooking I'll go by HyVee and pick up some things to take if the gathering is on. Charles and Jim were boyhood buddies in Edinburg and usually Jim Manuel (another buddy) is also there. The stories about their daring lives get a little stronger each year.

We will do packing on Sunday for our three day bus outing - Springfield, Illinois and the Lincoln Museum, and then on to Chicago for a fast paced two days there.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home