Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tues. Sept. 19

From another gorgeous fall day in MO,

I am not sure if the temperature reached 70 today, but the sun was brilliant and it was very pleasant being outside.

I thought maybe the girls had died during the night as I didn't hear them until after 5:00 this morning - and we had gone to bed a little after 9:00 last night. I sure needed a good night of sleep and evidently they did as well. We found a smaller "tennis" ball at WalMart the other day and they love to chase it when it is thrown. When we toss it down the hallway (with doors closed) they delight in bringing it back to us. They haven't quite mastered this outside yet.

The four of us walked this a.m. and I am not sure who enjoyed the walk the most. The temp was in the forties and a second sweatshirt was needed, but the walking was great.

After cleaning up, Jim and I went to Piece of Cake to try their breakfast burritos. Jim decided that because of the egg and sausage that he couldn't have one daily, but might use it as a "reward" if weight stays off. The burrito wasn't as good as the marvelous one we had in Austin, but quite good for Chillicothe.

I fixed turkey bacon and tomato sandwiches for lunch. We no longer are picking the tomatoes off the vine, but these have ripened on the sunporch - still better than store bought tomatoes.

I am not sure where the afternoon went, but we did several things - tried on clothes for the trip to Chicago, did some organizing, and I did some errands about 3:30 - then remembered it was Tuesday so went by Washington Street and had "champagne" cake with Helen, Mary, and Peggy. This is really a light cake and probably a lot less fattening than the apple pie - or at least I rationalize this way.

We finished off the split pea soup for supper tonight. I used a Marie Callender mix to make a small batch of muffins - so much better than the mix I used the other day.

Jim has mowed the yard today. He used the push mower on the smaller area in the back where the girls are kept and then this evening used the riding mower on the front yard and the rest of the backyard. He is hoping it will hold until after Chicago - we'll just see what happens in the rain department the rest of the week.

Jim is joining the "old fogies" for breakfast in the a.m. and then I will meet him a little after 8:00 and we will head to Liberty for him to see his audiologist. I think we are then heading to the Independence Center area for lunch and then will take highway 24 towards Waverly, Carrollton, and then north to Chillicothe on 65. We are looking for apples, butternut squash, acorn squash, and who knows what else.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home