Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wed. Sept. 6

From another day of temperate weather in MO,

The girls slept well last night - meaning I got up with them about 2:30 and then didn't hear them again until after 6:00 this a.m. I opted not to walk this a.m. as I planned on tackling some yard work - ended up staying in bed until almost 9:00! I am not sure I slept, but I sure dozed.

Jim had rehab this a.m. and while he was gone - and then on to breakfast with the infamous group, I got into yesterday's clothes and began tackling weeds and brush in the backyard. I had almost another large plastic bag filled by the time Jim got home and also had given about half of my "tomato" area a fall digging.

After Jim had changed clothes, we went around the perimeter of the yard where the girls couldn't get to poison. After I had cut a young tree, Jim would put some strong killer on the base - and we continued around the yard. We still need to do this in the front yard, but that will probably be a project for tomorrow. We also got the two wren houses down, cleaned them out, and they are now in storage for next spring. We usually get two families raised each summer - we think probably by the same parents, and it sure adds to the activity in the yard.

We have a small black cauldron in the back yard that we use as a "burn" barrel and I filled it with dead debris - and since we had basically no breeze this a.m. - I set that afire. It has been a long time since our collection area has been bare.

Jim and I ended up eating a late lunch at Francine's. Mary Willis and Eva Danner were there and invited us to join them. Jim ordered a couple of dozen cookies for a morning pick-up on Friday to deliver to the ladies at the cardio rehab area - as Friday will be his last morning. We will pick up a veggie tray on Thursday afternoon and he plans on walking in with the veggie tray - with me following a few minutes later with Francine's good cookies. He is looking forward to getting back with the original group of "old fogies" next Wednesday, but he is also going to miss the trio of young ladies.

We have basically rested this afternoon and supper will be leftovers - easy for me.

Thursday is our garbage day so that needs to have final organization this evening as ours gets picked up about 7:30 in the a.m. I will be joining the ladies for breakfast in the morning - always look forward to that.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home