Monday, September 04, 2006

Sun. & Mon. Sept 3 & 4

From an almost temperate MO,

We have had two relatively peaceful days - and just what we needed --

We had a little rain early Sun. a.m. - maybe about 1/2 inch, but we will take it as we are way below where we should be at this time of the year.

Jim and I didn't accomplish much on Sunday. We took the girls on our morning stroll, but it was a little later than usual as they let me sleep in until almost 9:00. Jim read and watched a lot of tv during the day and I decided to take advantage of the good weather and bagged our tomato plants - taking off the better remaining tomatoes. The latter are now on the sunporch to ripen. Even though they were picked green, they will still be better than store tomatoes.

I fixed a multi-grain pasta salad yesterday morning and added crab meat to it - then add it over a good bed of lettuce for supper - very tasty.

I had Mobile Meals computer work on Monday a.m. - actually I didn't do it, but Ron Wilder did it with me sitting in the background. He did an excellent job and is ready to do it solo, but would like for me to "supervise" at least one more time. Ruth Benson joined us and did the checkbook work as well as the xeroxing and then collating.

Jim had decided on Sunday that HE would do the riding lawnmower on Monday (today). When I returned from Mobile Meals he asked if I would be willing to do it as his chest hurt a little (not heart, but bone) and of course I was willing. I am thinking that his picking up Miss Wall on Saturday set him back a little - hopefully no damage has been done. I only mowed the area where the girls have access in the backyard as well as the area between the Haney house and us. All of this area takes very little time and I also did not use the push mower to do the edges. The girls can now do their "thing" in the backyard and not get their tummies moist with the dew.

We have nothing specific for Tuesday other than errands.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home