Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thurs. Sept 7

From another gorgeous, temperate day in MO,

I awakened with the alarm this a.m. and realized I had not taken the girls out all night. It is somewhat like the first night when a baby sleeps through - I rushed to be sure they were breathing. Actually even when I got to their sleeping crate, they were still drowsy - good for them!

We had a good crowd at breakfast this a.m. - Clara, Mary W., Sandy, Ellen Whitmer, Margaret, and yours truly. I feel as if I am forgetting someone, but the old mind is tired this late afternoon.

Jim was waiting on me to get home this morning as he was eagerly awaiting using the riding lawnmower. He went a lot slower than usual, but seems to have no negative after effects - we'll see what he feels like in the a.m. He does a much better job at getting closer to the perimeter than I do so I didn't have much mowing to do with the push mower.

Clara's husband was in KC today so at the last minute we decided to have lunch at HyVee. It made me realize that I've had many breakfasts there, carried out many tenderloins, but have only once eaten there at noon - even then split a tenderloin with Jim. Anyway, the special today was a taco salad and it turned out to be really good. Clara went through the salad bar line and when Sandy joined us, she had already eaten at home so picked out a piece of pie - made Clara's mouth water and she went back for pie. I had expected to find the place packed, but seating was very easy to come by.

Jim and I did a few errands when I got back from lunch and then the four of us went down for a long nap.

I am fixing fish for supper tonight as well as a yellow squash stir-fry - and we will finish off the butternut squash from last night.

Jim will have his last rehab session in the morning. He will go by Francine's first and pick up a couple of dozen of her good cookies and will also take the veggie tray that we picked up at HyVee this afternoon. I want to walk in the a.m. - beyond that the day is open until the evening football game with Benton - here.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE FOUR OF YOU WENT DOWN FOR A LONG NAP? Clara and Sandy and you and Jim? Musta' been quite a nap! That Chillicothe is a hotbed of lascivious behavior!


...j-u-u-u-u-ust kidding...

Sister M

9/10/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home