Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thurs. Sept. 21

From a cool, dampish MO,

This has not been a gorgeous day, but we are getting some much needed moisture - so I guess we will just let the day go by.

Jim was moving early this a.m. and rousted the girls about 5:30 - they had been quiet in their sleeping crate since 8:30 last night so I can't complain - and I also had a good night of sleep.

Jim walked this a.m. even though a little moisture was in the air - and I headed out to Country Kitchen to meet the ladies.

We had a good group there - Clara, Pat, Judy Mathew, Margaret, Ellen, and yours truly. I feel I'm missing someone, but the old mind is blank. Pat brought three examples of her Scottish baskets that she had made - with willow. Ellen reported that Mr. Meek was having carotid artery work being done at St. Luke's this morning, Clara had a good weekend in St. Louis with children and grandchildren, Margaret is getting ready to go to Birmingham to spend a few days with Amy's children, and I think I am just surviving.

I puttered around the house for a little when I returned home and then set out to get my haircut. Then I went to Friends and found a knitted top to take to Chicago.

Again I returned home and puttered and then left again just before 12:00 to go to the Senior Citizen's bldg. to attend an RSVP board meeting. It only lasted about 20 minutes and I walked over to the library and did some reading on a booklet we had received last month - I had scanned, but had not really read it.

The library board meeting was a little longer than usual, but we digressed some on a few issues. We are really a diverse group on the board, but I think we feel comfortable with each other and bring up issues that we need more information on and don't worry about being "put down." I will miss seeing these people on a monthly basis come next summer as my second term expires and I will be going off the board.

I had put some butternut squash in the oven when Mary Willis called this afternoon and I met her at Boji for a fruit drink. She had helped on several projects today and had not been able to come to breakfast. Mary always has several projects going and volunteers for so many activities.

We have a full day on Friday. I'm hoping the weather is okay in the a.m so that we can walk as I haven't walked for a few days. If Jim can go then the girls can also get a walk - and Trixie especially needs the activity. Abby probably doesn't have an ounce of fat on her, but Trixie and I stand too close to the trough!

I will leave here before noon and go to Marceline to attend a burial of a cousin of my father's. I am sure I have met her in the past (do remember her parents), but have never met her children. Her first husband died in 1974 and two years later she remarried - he survives her. With her second husband, they have lived in Manhattan, KS for a number of years.

When I get home, I will quickly change to "football" clothing and we will head to Kansas City. I just heard part of the weather forecast and it sounded like strong storms are possible, so we may change our minds about the football game. Jim has a book that needs to be picked up at Barnes and Noble (at Zona Rosa) and he is going to drop me off at either Dress Barn or Coldwater Creek to look at medium weight sweaters. We will eat and then go north to Platte City for the Chilli/PC football game. We won't get home until late so you may not hear from me on Friday.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home