Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mon. & Tues. Oct. 2 and 3

From another warmish fall day in MO,

Actually Monday was also warm - actually hot - and things are really drying out. Rain is in the forecast for the end of the week and if we don't get some, we will do some soaking of our yard.

Monday was a day of errands. Jim walked in the a.m. and I again opted not to walk as my left foot was still tender and a little swollen. I spent time each hour with an ice pack on it (can now see a spot which I assume is where a critter got me) and alternated with moving and cleaning items into Jim's usual bathroom (off the so called master bedroom.) My agenda for tomorrow (Wednesday) is to get the regular bathroom cleaned with whatever laundry also needs to be done. I did take the carpeting from Jim's bathroom to the laundrymat on Monday so it is clean for awhile.

I did a lot of reading in the afternoon and almost finished the newest Sharon Kahn book - OUT OF THE FRYING PAT, INTO THE CHOIR. This is a delightful, light mystery series featuring a widow of a rabbi in a small community supposedly located near Austin, TX. Ruby gets herself into all kinds of scrapes as a heroine would be expected to do. I hope to finish it this evening.

I took the newest MC Beaton book in the Agatha Raisin series to Kansas City today as I didn't know how much time would be spent at the doctor's office.

We took early this a.m. for the Plaza area of KC. First we went to Kaplan's to check out some wool. I had never been there before and the fabrics that were on display were stunning. The ladies and I are going to have to take a field trip there some time to check this out better and of course check out some other places on the Plaza.

We then headed north a few blocks to one of the massive doctors' building to see Dr. Gutovitz. He is the cardiologist that Jim saw at St. Luke's North way back at the end of June - who had then referred him on to St. Luke's South. I had not met him then as I guess I was sulking from Jim's behavior at being referred on, but thoughly enjoyed him today. Jim will see him again in about three months.

As we were leaving the Plaza area, I called Karen (a first cousin) to see if she could meet us at O'Charley's for lunch, but she had an appointment at noon so we will try again. After lunch, Jim and I did a quick tour of Target and then made a quick trip to Sam's for trays for the local "soup" kitchen.

I had not slept well last night and it seemed like a long way home today. The girls and I napped for way too long when we got home and I will be reading into the night.

Jim joins both breakfast groups on Wednesday a.m. and I need to tackle the main bathroom and get it presentable - I am not much for cleaning anyway so this is not one of the agreeable chores I am looking forward to doing. I've also accumulated a list of things that need to be done - none would take more than five minutes (except for shopping at HyVee to take advantage of the old geezer discount), but I have just let them accumulate.

I do have a "make-up" appointment with our doctor on Wednesday. It is good timing as I will certainly inquire about my foot (same area where I sprained in 1995 and also had a heel spur in the fall of 1995).

I noticed in the Chillicothe paper this evening that Perry Fairchild had a heart attack this past weekend. The paper didn't indicate whether he was back home yet, only that a stent (or more) had been used. Perry might be 50.

Chuck is now moved out to the south of us. We have been neighbors for 35 years so it will be interesting having new neighbors to our south. The young couple moving in have a lot of plans for interior modifications and they are young enough to tackle this project. We will probably lose our neighbors to the north by next summer - and I am also not looking forward to that change.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home