Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fri. and Sat. Octo 6 & 7

From another gorgeous fall day in MO,

The past two days have gone at a good pace. Jim has walked both mornings and I have hobbled around the house in pain - which seems to lessen as the day proceeds. Jim did join the second group of old guys for breakfast yesterday a.m. and then took me to the Boji Stone for lunch.

I opted not to go to the home football game last night - didn't think the extra walking would be good on my good joints as I have to change my method of walking so much, but Jim went - and neglected to take some extra clothes as the evening got into the low 60s and he was chilled when he got home.

I met Clara, Jan, and Judy Duncan at 11:30 this a.m. for a pre-meal at Applebee's. Judy Mathew had received the invite, but was going to a baseball game of one of her granddaughter's so passed the invite on to Clara. A free will donation to Fellowship of Christian Athletes was asked and then the meal was basically free. We were encouraged not to order from the same category on the menu and the group could also share one appetizer or dessert - of course we opted for the latter. The place was full when we left about 1:00. I was satisfied with the service and the food - just found the noise level a little more than my liking, but of course Jim and I tend not to eat at "rush" time.

We watched the USC game this afternoon and have now watched the first half of the MU game.

We will pack for Pomme on Sunday. We have decided to leave the girls at the kennel on Monday a.m.- Oct. 9 - (or at least I am leaving them) and will then pick them up either late on Friday afternoon or Saturday a.m. - Oct. 13 or 14. My foot is still bothering me enough that taking them for puddle and dump walks doesn't sound appealing to me and I am not sure I can safely navigate the steps coming down from the trailer when taking them out - both daytime and nighttime.

The painful area on my foot has shifted from what almost seemed like a severe ankle sprain on Friday to the middle of the base of my foot today. Yesterday was my most painful day - so maybe Sunday will be better.

I plan on getting on the computer on Sunday, but we'll just see how things go.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home