Thursday, July 06, 2006

Wed./Thurs. July 5 and 6

From a temperate MO,

I had my nose in a book last night - and two pups on my lap - and all of a sudden realized I needed to go to bed - minus the Wednesday blog.

Jim seemed to have a better night on Tuesday than I did - the girls were in a panic with the evening fireworks. I guess I had never been in the house (or at least a room with plates on the wall) until Tuesday night and I couldn't believe the plates rattling as I bedded down with the girls in the "yellow" bedroom. They handled the shaking as well as could be expected and all of us dozed off after the last large boom.

I had several errands on Wednesday - doctor's office to make an appointment for Jim, WalMart for a few items, post office, and who knows what else. I did notice that Kelly is starting a new mural on the wall just south of "The Clipper". That is in a good location for us to watch its daily progress. At some time I will try to get photos of the existing murals and put them on the blog - am thinking there are maybe 14 now.

We dozed much of the middle of the day. Clara brought over some "Dr. Pepper spaghetti" which we made a large dent in last night. She also had salad makings and garlic bread. Tonight, we are having a buffet of various leftover items.

I joined Jim in bed last night and Trixie was really miffed. She was like a small child indicating her dislike with her fussing, but after about 30 minutes she evidently gave up and went to sleep. We went to bed a little after 8:30 last night (actually Jim turned in about 7:30 - and I let the girls have the run of the house for about an hour.) They spent much of that hour on my lap so didn't get too much exercise. I didn't hear them until 2:00 when they needed to go outside. Trixie again had trouble settling down so I eventually got up and the three of us spent the rest of the night in the yellow bedroom - with them bounding around to use up excess energy. About 30 minutes later, they conked out and I didn't hear anything until 6:00.

Jim was about ready to get moving when I checked in on him. I got the garbage out to the curb, showered, and left here about 7:20 to join the ladies for breakfast. We had a very large group this a.m. - Jan, Pat, Judy Duncan, Sandy McGinnis, Mary D., Laurinda, Karen Dixon (a new retiree), Margaret Vance, Clara, and yours truly. I may be leaving someone out - sorry.

I have dozed much of the time since I got back home. I need to get out later and have Jim guide me through using the battery operated weed eater as there are a few small patches that I couldn't get to with the riding mower yesterday. The temp. is supposed to go up tomorrow so I would like to get this done.

Jim has walked on the driveway two or three times this a.m. and is using his breathing device faithfully. He has had a call from the local cardio rehab unit this a.m. so he feels good about making a connection there.

Jim is hoping to join the second group of "old geezers" for breakfast in the a.m. I plan on taking him and then will have one of the oldsters bring him back.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home