Monday, July 03, 2006

Mon. July 3

From a warmish, humid MO,

We had a sprinkle of rain today (actually twice) but I'm sure it probably didn't even register in the rain gauge. Oh, well.

Jim was in a lot of discomfort by 4:00 this a.m. I had asked about pain medication as I knew I couldn't get to a pharmacy until this a.m., but none was provided. I was at HyVee at 8:00 this a.m. and soon had the needed Tylenol Codeine for Jim and had it in his system. He did better the rest of the day, but we ended up taking a long nap in the middle part of the day.

I had numerous errands this a.m. and then this afternoon picked up the girls at 2:00. They will eventually adjust, but don't understand being penned up when they are used to the run of the house. I did pick up one at a time and sit next to Jim while he petted the canine daughter - am not sure who enjoyed it more.

Jim walked around on the driveway this evening. He also held the water hose and did some watering for me when I needed to go inside. We may need to consider rejoining the YMCA as it is definitely too hot and muggy to be doing much activity outside. I know he could do at least one lap at the Y as he was walking that far at the hospital.

Jim has now turned in to bed (going on 7:30) so I will let the girls have some freedom - bedroom door is secure and I also have a barrier across the door. I'm hoping they will sleep soundly tonight.

We should have a slow day on Tuesday as nothing is planned. We will probably close all the curtains and have the tv on louder than usual tomorrow evening when the fireworks display is done at Simpson Park - or at least last year the girls did not enjoy it.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home