Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sun. July 2

Jim is home from St. Luke's.

I took Doug to the airport this a.m. and then went to St. Luke's to be there when the doctor made his rounds. It is a good thing I was there as Jim had made sufficient progress to be released (according to Medicare standards). Actually he is much better than Saturday - and on Saturday he was much better than Friday.

I departed to the hotel to cancel my room for tonight and also to pack. Then I went to a local restaurant to eat a belated breakfast and an early lunch. I was back at St. Luke's by 1:00 and we finally left after 3:00.

Jim made the trip in good shape and insisted on unpacking his "travel" bag and put all items away except for something that needed to go into a lower drawer. He is now (6:16 p.m.) down for a short rest.

I have numerous things to be done tomorrow - set up an appointment for Jim to see Dr. Metry in a week to 10 days, get prescriptions filled, take car by Barnes Baker as the "low tire pressure" light is on (but when Doug checked the tires - all were okay), call Liberty Hospital to reschedule my mammgram that was to have been on this Wednesday, go by HyVee for some food, box up some chemo caps for Heartland Hospital in St. Joseph as I've received an e-mail that they are running low, and who knows what else will be listed when I really start thinking.

I had a good night of sleep last night - first time since Thursday, June 22, so feel much better. I've been using Tylenol, but it didn't seem to work until last night.

It was great having Doug with us during this stressful time. I am sure Dara would have been of help as well, but she was under pressure of finishing a thesis for her Master's degree. She did a good job of updating Jim's progress on her blog.

Be safe.
B.

3 Comments:

Blogger dquack said...

I wish I could have been there to help, but thought it best to stay here and focus. My completed thesis is due to my committee on Wednesday, but I am still waiting to hear from my advisor on three chapters.

I'm glad Jim is doing well and that Doug got to go up. I know you must be exhausted, Barbara. Doug took a nap this afternoon and is now playing his Sunday night poker game at Hanovers.

7/02/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and for passing the word through Dara. Give our best to older Bro. Tom and Linda

7/02/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Jim's glad to be home and we're all glad he made it! Holly and Tim B and Risa and Tim W and I all send our love and hopes for Jim's full recovery so he can go fishing next year. Love, Margaret

7/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home