Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sun. June 18

From a warmish, somewhat muggy MO,

When I was outside with the girls about 3:30 this a.m., we were getting a few sprinkles. When I was outside again about 6:00 - nothing showed up in the rain gauge! Later in the a.m. it was quite dark in the west, but I don't think we managed even a sprinkle. We are so dry. The cracks in the yard remind me of August.

Jim took me out to breakfast this morning to Country Kitchen. From there we returned home and I settled in on some house cleaning chores. Jim needed the "yellow" bedroom to begin loading items for the trip to Canada and of course I had wool all over the bed. That was remedied and then I began working in the computer room which had become also a storeroom. Jim has two large piles of things to go through - mainly assorted paperwork which at least one/half can be pitched. He has let it accumulate so he is not going to be too happy going through it. I still need to go through a lot of my own accumulated paperwork in the computer room, but it is already looking better. We have a small box of assorted books to take to the library - most will probably end up in their yearly book sale, but that is better than in our trash can. I am coming closer to seeing the top of the computer desk - maybe by bedtime the worst will be over.

Jim had already gone through the morning newspapers when I finally dragged out of bed - and I have now been through them. I didn't see too much of interest in them this a.m. other than the King Tut exhibit in Chicago. We are going on a three day bus tour in September and one of the stops will be to see the King Tut exhibit - and both of us are looking forward to it.

I do the computer work for Mobile Meals in the a.m. and Darla is coming in to help. She has been on vacation and hasn't seen some of the changes that have been made - and she does the computer work next week.

From there I go to Dr. Hoel's office (a 10:00 appointment) and I'm sure he will dilate my eyes to check the numerous floaters I seem to still have. They are not painful, but certainly are a nuisance!

I would like to get some xeroxing done tomorrow as well. Aunt Maxine sent over some old photos and Bobby had given me a listing of cemeteries in Macon county.

Jim has a few things on his agenda for tomorrow - the major will be going through the two boxes of assorted items that I have dragged out of the computer room - he won't be happy about this project.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home