Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sun. June 11

From a going on dusk and cooler MO,

I had trouble sleeping last night. It wasn't any fault of the girls as I didn't hear them, but I finally gave up about 3:00 and took them outside - actually awakened them to take them outside. I returned them to their sleeping crate and sometime afterwards finally went to sleep until I heard them about 6:30. Took them outside and this time they joined me until almost 9:00.

I fixed French toast this a.m. and enjoyed the St. J and KC papers.

We had a little dab of rain last night - about one/half inch. My cousin, Bobby, who lives between Bucklin and New Cambria indicated they had about 3 inches if I understood him right. Some areas even received 6 inches - again if I was listening correctly.

We spent some time "supervising" Phil Stilwell putting in a mail drop at his home this afternoon. To begin with the directions that were given were incorrect, but finally the slot is installed. Jeanette kept saying his temper was subdued compared to normal when frustrations occur - so maybe I need to keep them in mind the next time Jim goes ballistic.

I do the computer work for Mobile Meals in the a.m. Ruth called this afternoon that she probably wouldn't be there as a former minister at her church is in town and she is joining others in having breakfast with the family. I haven't done the computer work for a couple of weeks so it always takes me awhile to remember just what needs to be done - especially with the new format.

I want to make copies of some old photos that Aunt Maxine loaned me at our local copying store. They have a copier (might be called digital) that does a good job with old photos and even recreates the color tone. Beyond this, I really don't have any significant plans for the day, but I really do need to tackle the house.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home