Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thurs. June 8

From a warmish MO,

This has been another full day. I joined six others at breakfast (Mary D., Mary W., Sandy, Margaret, Clara, and Judy D. - hope I'm not missing someone) and we had a delightful time with lots of conversation. In fact - having left home about 7:15 - I didn't get back home until after 9:30.

Jim had the four shrubs cut down and had started hand trimming to the point where they could be fed into the chopper/shredder. I joined him and we were finished a little after 11:00. We took quick showers (much needed) and set out on some errands.

Needless to say, we took a needed nap this afternoon. I dropped off the car a little after 3:30 for an oil change and we headed to Bucklin to see Aunt Maxine and to pick up a 1884 history of Randolph and Macon Counties. I plan on doing some detective work in it this weekend - she already has some pages with stickies and we'll see what else I can find. I plan on returning it to her next week - after I get some xeroxing done on Monday.

I ended up fixing a good omelet for supper tonight.

Jim joins a group for breakfast in the a.m. and then depending on the heat, we'll get somewhere between two to four more shrubs down. The backyard looks so different as the shrubs were already planted when we moved in - 1971. Of course the wooden fence wasn't behind them at that time so now we just see the wooden fence - may have to come up with some flowers that will come up each year so give some color to the area.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home