Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sat. June 10

From a diverse MO day,

The day has been a little cooler and a cool front finally has reached us this evening. I say cool, but it is probably in the low 70s with a breeze from the northeast.

We had another good night of sleep - thank you girls - and took the last of the shrubs down this a.m. - and also found the dump site open so all has been removed from the yard. Jim then decided to see if he could get his weed eater going - finally did - and made some progress around the yard. Sandy McGinnis has a light weight, battery operated, weed eater and I'll check with her this coming week as to brand. It comes with two battery packs and she finds that she can handle it with ease - and it does the job that she needs to be done. The regular weed eater is just too heavy for Jim anymore and the process of getting it started it getting harder and harder for him.

We dozed the middle part of the day - of course the girls were with us. I fixed salmon patties for supper and the house has a definite salmon smell. We had a light sprinkle this afternoon, but I'm sure there wasn't enough to register in the rain gauge. I need to get out this evening a water as I didn't do this last night.

If it isn't raining in the morning, we need to take an abbreviated walk. I say abbreviated as we are out of shape and need to begin from the beginning again. The walk will also be good for the girls. I always look forward to the morning newspapers. The KC paper is now in a new format and it is going to take me a few weeks to get it figured out - guess that is okay because I'm seeing things that I probably would normally skip over.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home