Friday, June 09, 2006

Fri. June 9

From what seems definitely like a summer day!

I am not sure what the temp finally stopped at this afternoon, but when we were out about 4:00 - one time and temp said 96 and the other was about 5 degrees cooler - no matter what - summer has arrived early in MO.

Jim and I slept in somewhat this a.m. (courtesy of the girls). Jim left about 8:30 to join breakfast with one of his breakfast groups and I did some minor errands with the girls in the backseat of the car.

He decided this morning that it would be quicker to take the shrubs down as a whole and rather than cutting them into smaller sections to go through the chipper/shredder - just take them on to the dump area that the city maintains for yard debris. We have four or five shrubs left to cut down, but this sure went quicker and much easier on the arms. The yard really looks bare and I will try to plant some flowers next spring that will come back yearly - the area sure needs some color! Actually they could be planted now, but the ground is so dry that I really am not ready to take on more watering needs. When we get the wooden fence repaired and I don't have to move a hose over the temporary fence - life will be easier.

We ended up going to the local bowling alley for lunch today - a late lunch. The sandwiches were as good as usual and we had side salads to go along with them.

Jim is currently watching a movie on tv relative to Cole Porter. I am toying with the idea of starting a book this evening - just haven't decided which one.

We want to finish the remaining shrubs tomorrow and beyond that we don't have anything on our schedule - that is fine with me.

I am not sure if I told you that Jim came home Wednesday from his second breakfast indicating that Jim Nashan is now home. He is currently in a wheelchair. Jim plans on picking him up next Friday for breakfast with the guys.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home