Friday, June 16, 2006

Fri. June 16



Notice this!!! I put two photos on one blog!!!! Wow!!! That is a new high for me. The photo on the left shows the embroidered spread/throw that has a date of 1893. It would appear that a sister-in-law of my great grandfather Jobson and her daughters embroidered this spread. Some of the work is very precise and other areas appear that a younger person worked on it.

The photo on the right is of the gentleman and his second wife who came from Phoenix, AZ. He is 98 years old - not bad for flying in to KC, making the drive to Macon, attending a family reunion at Bucklin, and then returning to Phoenix.

We attempted walking this morning and it is about more than Jim can do. We walked about 7:00 and even though we stayed on bascially level ground, Jim was having a lot of difficulty getting his breath. We will try walking again in the a.m., but he anticipates cutting the walk a little shorter with Abby and me going another block or so.

When he returned home from breakfast, he was "itching" to go to Cabela's to get a few "needed" items for the upcoming trip to Canada. We didn't get away from here until almost 11:00 as we needed to get the girls organized, moved some laundry to the dryer, had a couple of phone calls, and who knows what else. Jim was organized at Cabela's and I really didn't get a great deal of reading done. Afterwards we went to Dave's Famous BBQ - and it was delicious! I have hinted at going there for many months, but I don't think Jim will have any qualms about going back.

We are home early enough that maybe the girls will get back into a regular routine before going to bed - Jim and I need a good night of sleep.

Mary Thompson had called me this a.m. that Mildred Rensch (her sister) was being life-flighted to KC after having a heart attack. Mary was concerned as to whether she could be even stablized enough for the flight. The CT tonight carried about three lines that Mildred had died today. Mary just called this evening and indicated that Mildred and John's daughter would be coming in this evening and funeral arrangements would be made in the a.m.

One store of interest that we saw near Cabela's today was "Million Books" - am thinking that was the name. Does anyone know anything about it?

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Blogger dquack said...

Do you mean Books-a-Million? I think they opened some in Little Rock after I moved to Dallas. I know that when he was young, my nephew liked getting books there. You could probably do a Web search for the store.

6/16/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home