Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wed. - Thurs. June 21-22

From finally a somewhat rainy MO,

Wednesday was a sort of usual Wednesday in this household. Jim thoroughly his two breakfast groups, watched a lot of tv, dozed in the afternoon, and in general mildewed.

The girls and I slept in during the a.m., had a doctor's visit at 10:30 (or might have been 11:00), showed two or three pounds of weight off, blood pressure down 10 points (thanks to medication primarily), and spent a lot of time reading the newest John Dunning book.

Sometime in the early morning of today (Thursday) we finally had a little rain - maybe about a half inch so far. I heard some people talking at the post office this a.m. that just northwest of here an inch was measured. At least it is cooler today (about 70) and there is an intermittent drizzle.

We had a larger group at breakfast this a.m. than I had thought. Several had helped Clara at Camp Rainbow on Tuesday - had helped decorate carrying bags that several of our ladies had sewn last fall from donated fabric. Jan said the campers really enjoyed the bags and the decorating.

We had several in attendance this a.m. - Pat, Jan, Mary Willis, Mary D., Laurinda, Margaret, Helen came in later (she and Mary W. are going to St. Joseph today), and yours truly. I may be missing someone, but at least I have most of the names.

I have had my haircut this morning and then Jim was nice enough to drive me to HyVee to buy a tenderloin - which we split. The girls are currently running from one end of the house to the other and having sort of wrestling matches at either end. I think they are enjoying the cooler weather as well.

I have a library board meeting at 1:30 today and then plan on curling up with the John Dunning book. Jim has requested taco salad for tonight - so that is an easy fix.

I don't think I've mentioned that Ethel Perry died a few days ago. She was a long time teacher here. Mary Thompson called yesterday to say that Delbert Thompson's brother, Delford, had died yesterday.

Other than Jim has breakfast with one of the groups on Friday morning, we have nothing specifically planned - so I wonder what will develop.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home