Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tues. July 4

From what has been a rainy, humid, warmish MO,

We finally received rain last night!!! I think with the sprinkles we had yesterday and last night the rain gauge showed just a little over 1 inch. I had planned on doing some sporadic mowing today, but the ground was too damp this a.m. so I will do the few areas tomorrow.

Jim had a fairly good night of sleep. He didn't eat much for breakfast, but had a good lunch and supper. The swelling seems to be gone from his feet and ankles (a good sign) and his temp. was normal this afternoon - also a good sign. He used the picker upper aid that I bought yesterday to pick up some small twigs in the front yard and even went outside this a.m. to retrieve the two newspapers. I wouldn't have let him get the Sunday papers (of course we weren't home) as they would probably have been too heavy.

Jim dozed this morning and again this afternoon while the girls and I went down for a nap this afternoon.

I haven't accomplished much today. I have a few errands to do in the a.m. as well as the minor mowing (will take longer to get shed open, ramps in place, gate open, girls barricaded, etc. then the actual mowing, but the grass is getting rather tall in a few areas.

Jim wants me to get him out for a ride tomorrow - a good sign.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
It is good to hear from you and glad you both are home, and safe in the arms of 2 dogs! After events like this, there is nothing like being able to see home again. What can I do for you 2? Hope to see you soon. Kay

7/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home