Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sun. July 30

From a hot and muggy MO -- this is beginning to read like a duplicate letter!

We slept/dozed well last night. Jim didn't roust the girls until about 7:00 this a.m. Even then I had trouble getting out of bed. I knew I should walk, but it was already in the upper 70s and I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.

We did a stroll of WalMart this a.m. Jim is picking up more and more speed in his walking, but has found that he walks much easier in a/c than in our current humidity. The papers were still showing that we might get some relief on Wednesday evening.

I am reading the newest Joanna Carl book (all center around a small lake town in Michigan and lots of chocolate to be enjoyed). I find myself reading a chapter and then taking on a small project, but that makes the projects easier.

Jim has rehab on Monday a.m. and if I can get out of bed early enough, I really need to take a stroll on our streets - or head to the Y. I need to get some errands done and marked off my list of things to do - then I will curl up with a book again.

We don't get out in the afternoon when they are talking heat in the upper 90s with the heat index into the 100s.

Tomorrow is our 35th wedding anniversary. Jim has a card for me tucked with his underclothes - and I am afraid I am just as bad. We are thinking about eating lunch out - the weather will make us choose either Chillicothe or Huckleberry's at Trenton. I love their stuffed tomato.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sis. It seems like only yesterday that Mike and I drove back to see the happy occasion. 35 Years!!!! Wow!

Have a great day.

Bro

7/30/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home