Friday, July 28, 2006

Fri. July 28

From a hot and muggy MO,

This has been a rather full day. Jim dozed well with the help of Tylenol PM last night and I was fortunate enough for the girls to also sleep well. Jim had rehab this a.m. and then went on to join the second group of old men for breakfast. I left here about 8:00 to walk the surface streets - probably did 3/4 to a mile - should check the distance in the car. I stopped once and visited with Terri May. I was quite drenched when I got home, but the heat was bearable.

I did a couple of errands today including taking medicine bottles to HyVee to be refilled and then had a doctor's appt. at 11:00. I had lost four pounds, but I think in reality I maybe had lost 3 as some was from getting so warm walking. I consumed water when I got home from walking, but --- My blood pressure was a little higher than I would have wanted -- 132/82.

I did some early supper preparation and put the finished product in the crockpot and then tried taking a nap - just couldn't relax enough to really rest. Jim did join the girls and me in bed and seemed to doze some and I didn't hear the nasty wheezing as usual. There was a little wheezing, but nothing compared to a week ago.

I joined Helen and Mary at our new "coffee" shop this afternoon at 4:00. I can't imagine going to play tennis in this heat - hopefully no one will become ill as a result.

Depending on how we sleep tonight, we may head to KC to get a wedding gift tomorrow. The girl is not listed locally. We will leave early and try to be back before the worst of the heat - am thinking they are talking upper 90s or low 100s for tomorrow.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice going! FOUR POUNDS! Good for you!

7/28/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home