Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thurs. July 20

From what has been a very hot MO,

Jim slept in the recliner again last night. He was heading to the Y about the time I was heading to join the ladies for breakfast. When I returned he was exhausted - just won't use common sense. First the elevator wasn't working so he walked the two flights of steps to the walking area. Then he said he was on the treadmill for about 9 minutes and then walked two laps. Dumb, dumb, and dumb!

We had maybe 11 had breakfast this a.m. - the table was overflowing - Pat, Jean Schottel, Mary D., Laurinda, Sandy, Judy Duncan, Kay Green, Clara, Jan, Mary W., and yours truly. Needless to say, the conversation was moving so fast that there was no way I could keep up.

Jim was heading to bed to take a nap when I returned home at 9:00. He was going to try the wedge on the bed, but found out that he had the tendency to begin to turn over on one side or the other - and we're not sure his sternum is ready for that yet.

I had a hair cut this a.m., joined Pat at the new coffee/cafe at 11:15 and had delicious quiche, went to the Senior Center for a 12:15 RSVP meeting, and then went next door to the libary. This latter meeting wasn't until 1:30, but I had some things I had neglected reading and also enjoyed visiting with Judith and Phyllis.

The afternoon was spent indoors as the temp reached close to 100 and the heat index was supposedly 107. When I watered about 30 minutes ago, the temp. had dropped and there was almost a cool breeze from the north. This is the first time in several days that I didn't come in drenched from sweating after doing my minor watering.

We are leaving here about 8:30 in the a.m. to head to Liberty as I have my annual mammogram. We had planned on meeting Vickie for lunch, but will instead stop by and see her when we are ready to leave. We had a call yesterday from Border's that Jim's book had arrived so we will also pick it up.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home