Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sun. July 16

From another HOT day in MO,

I watered heavily last night and am afraid I may have lost my four green peppers. We had received an inch of rain a couple of nights ago so I had not watered the next night - and I'm afraid I will pay the price. When I looked at the green pepper plants this a.m. they continued to look sick.

Jim tried sleeping in bed last night and was asleep each time I was awake, but he seems to wheeze when he is in bed - even with some elevation. This does not seem to occur in the recliner so he is returning to the recliner tonight - or that is what he is saying now.

I used the riding lawnmower and did much of the yard today. Jim was quite frustrated about being an observer and I was furious with him when I realized he had handled the two planks that we use to get the mower out of the shed. Needless to say, I lifted them from the ground afterwards and put them away.

We have dozed once today, but not for nearly as long as Saturday afternoon. I think actually we slept somewhat better last night.

We made a couple of trips to HyVee today. The morning trip was a little more extensive and he had a good stroll on several aisles. This afternoon we went to get orange juice as I thought maybe that would break up some of the gunk in his throat. He is not running an elevated temp so I don't think he has pneumonia.

He has a couple of phone calls to make tomorrow - one to St. Luke's to ask about when he can "legally" drive and also to ask about the gunk in his throat. If need be, we can get him in to see Dr. Metry if the lady at St. Luke's thinks that is appropriate.

I have a few errands to run in the a.m. - otherwise I plan on taking it easy. I am going by the Y to see about resuming our membership as it is too hot to walk even in the a.m. and Jim feels better about himself if he can get out and walk.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home