Saturday, July 08, 2006

Fri. & Sat. Jul 7 & 8

From an almost temperate MO,

I am not sure rain is in the forecast for tomorrow, but I can tell you that we definitely need some. The crack in the backyard that I wasn't able to fill with water a couple of weeks ago is longer and wider now. I'm actually toying with putting some potting soil in it so the girls won't break a leg - and it now only early July!

Jim has had two good days. He has found that dozing in the recliner is much easier than getting out of a regular bed - when he only dozes. He spent Friday night in the recliner and tried using the bed today, but that didn't last long.

We took an outing this a.m. with me doing the driving and Jim in the backseat again - of the truck. We checked out the progress of Lowe's, the newest mural in town, and finally made it to WalMart. Jim had a list of a couple of items (not close together) and I had maybe 3 items - so Jim got a good walk in while holding on to the grocery cart. We stopped at the Saturday market on the way home and although I was parked close, he opted to roll the windows down and just let me browse.

I should be getting caught up on sleep. I went to bed about 8:30 Friday night and didn't get up with the girls until 2:00 - and that was for maybe 15 minutes - went quickly back to sleep and didn't rouse again until almost 7:00. After the a.m. errands, I dozed for a couple of hours and have also dozed again this afternoon.

I did make a trip to Dr. Metry's yesterday as I had foolishly crawled into our guest bed on Sunday night at some point and knew there was debris floating, but conked out anyway. I use the bed to store extra washed wool and had moved it and Jim had loaded the bed down with items packed and ready to go to Canada. Doug had unloaded the bed for me on Saturday when we were here. Anyway, I quickly felt an eye irritation developing and finally went the doctor. I didn't think it was what I had experienced in the past - otherwise would have called and asked for a new prescription. Anyway, I'm somewhat better today, but still have a ways to go. I guess about two or three years of dust were also on the bedspread as I don't think anyone has used the bed since Margaret was here last.

I have supper in the crockpot - leftovers from Sandy McGinnis with a few additions and will heat up some fresh green beans that Sandy Ross brought over on Friday. Jim loves green beans. I have some fresh fruit as well as some jello that we can have for dessert. Jim's weight loss has slowed down, but he continues to lose weight.

We don't have anyspecific plans for Sunday other than enjoying the two newspapers - I've still to get to the ones that came today - guess that is an evening project.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home