Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sat. July 15

From a HOT MO,

I am guessing it was at least 100 today and the KC paper indicates the next four days will be equally hot - oh, my!

Jim slept fairly well last night and I did until about 1:30 when I hot very irritated at Jim - with him in the front room and completely unawares. I dreamed that one of his male buddies was encouraging him to drive the truck and also to drive the riding lawnmower. I think he could probably manage the truck - if he took his time, but the riding lawnmower would put him back in St. Luke's with his sternum needed to be reset. I was absolutely furious and let his "good" buddy take him to the hospital and bring him home - and take care of his needs. Maybe all of this is getting to me as well?

We left here about 8:30 to go to the Liberty area. I needed to get some binding for the current hooked rug project and also some wool yarn to use around the edge. From there we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and a good salesperson immediately took us to the wedge area - and Jim's eyes really lighted up. From there we went to Border's where we bought the next nine books in the Alexander Kent series (with one gap and it is being ordered) - hopefully it will be here by next Friday when I need to go to Liberty for my yearly mammogram. The Border's at about 90th and Metcalf has ordered for us before - and then send them to us - no postage added - can't figure out this NKC store. Anyway, even if we end up paying postage, it will be cheaper than making a special trip there.

We ate at O'Charley's - Jim had his beloved pecan crusted chicken salad and I had a grilled chicken Casear salad.

We were back in Chillicothe a little after 1:00 and we were soon down for a nap. The wedge really let Jim get some good sleep - or maybe he was also worn out. He actually handled the trip quite well, but I usually let him off at the door of a store and we weren't outside a great deal - already quite warm this a.m.

We plan on resting on Sunday, but I do need to get outside in the a.m. and do a quick riding lawnmower trim on the yard. The rain we had the other night has really made the grass grow in some areas.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home