Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tues. July 18

From a warm, but not blistering MO,

Today has almost been a cool spell - rather then heat index in the 100 teens, today was probably more in the low to mid 90s. I may actually be able to sit on the deck tonight and begin another book.

Abby is currently on my lap with her head and right forearm on my left arm. She seems to delight in the time that I am on the computer and makes every attempt to beat Trixie to the prime spot. Trixie has been spending more and more time on Jim's lap - much to his delight even though she has to be watched more closely than Abby.

I did errands early this a.m. including filling the car with gas - almost didn't even work up a sweat doing it this a.m. Jim had a 10:30 appointment with cardio rehab this a.m. and it was more asking a lot of questions, etc. He is scheduled for M, W, and Fri from 8:00 until 9:30. He is insisiting he is going to Liberty with me this Friday, but since I joined the YMCA this a.m. for us, we can still get to the Y and walk.

I slept really well last night and thought I would make it today without a nap, but about 11:30, I became quite tired and after we did a quick walk at HyVee, I was soon in bed and took a good nap.

Jim will miss his breakfast with the "old fogies" for several weeks because of rehab and I know he will miss this chance to be with them. Maybe after he gets established, he can see if there is any leeway in scheduling as I think the outing with the guys is good for him.

I finished WIDOW OF THE SOUTH by Robert Hicks last night. I am not sure I would have had the "guts" to survive war on the homefront. I am glad I read the Epilogue and Author's Notes first as they provide the historical basis for the fictional book.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home