Monday, July 17, 2006

Mon. July 17

Am not sure what just happened, but for some reason the computer indicated it had "published" my blog and I hadn't put anything on it.

From a HOT, HOT MO,

Jim spent the night in the recliner and the girls gave me an outing about 1:00 and then I didn't hear from them again until after 5:00. I feel like a human being today.

Jim and I set out on errands a little after 9:00 this a.m. - including walking the perimeter of WalMart. Our first stop actually was the cardio rehab unit at Hedrick with Jim discovering he will begin rehab at 10:30 on Tuesday a.m. I am not sure what the schedule will be for the rest of the week, but Jim will take a calendar and will hopefully write it down. I'll go by the YMCA after his rehab tomorrow and renew our membership.

Doug had come across a signed copy of Kinky Friedman's new book at Book People in Austin prior to his coming to KC. Today the book arrived and Jim is in the recliner laughing so hard that I am not sure how his chest is going to handle it, but Jim is in seventh heaven with the Kinky humor. Dara - I'm sure Doug never gets around to reading this so please pass along a big THANK YOU to both of you.

The xerox machine was still down at the RSVP office this a.m. so I went by and picked up the needed paperwork while Darla was guiding Ron Wilder through the process of what needs to be done. Ron will be our new addition to the Monday group. I need to go by the State Bank and sign the new paperwork as each time someone is added to having the ability to right checks, a new form is created.

We have been watching HD tv this afternoon. The first thing Jim came across was on the Sea of Cortez - which he has fond memories of snorkeling. Then we watched a documentary on Maryland - makes you want to go visit. Then we watched the last of a documentary on Willa Cather - made me realize that I don't think I've read any of her books. I am going to check the on-line catalog for our local library and see if any are available on CD or audio tape. My car will do CD as well as audio tape, but the truck only has a CD.

We made a trip to the new coffee shop this a.m. and Jim thoroughly enjoyed the cold frappe - Turtle - that we ordered. I think he savored each sip.

Our schedule for Tuesday is light - first day of rehab for Jim, I need to go by State Bank, and we need to go by the YMCA. We'll also go by HyVee as Tuesday and Wednesday are discount days for senior citizens - and I don't mind taking advantage of that.

Be safe.
B.

1 Comments:

Blogger dquack said...

We actually bought it the Saturday before Jim went into the hospital. With the last minute flurry of getting airplane tickets and getting Doug to the airport, neither one of us thought about taking it to KC until it was too late.

7/17/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home