Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wed. July 19

From a HOT, HOT MO,

Jim slept in the recliner again last night. The girls were good for me and I took them outside about 1:30 and then didn't hear anything from them until almost 6:00. I still managed to take a two hour nap this afternoon.

Jim headed to rehab a little before 8:00 this a.m. and I headed to the Y with the intentions of walking for 30 minutes - quit after 15 as I was building up a sweat and getting tired. I'll get back after it again tomorrow at some point. Jim called me about 9:00 as he was heading down to the Grand River Inn to join the second breakfast group.

When he got home and had rested a few minutes, we headed to WalMart to stroll the perimeter and also to get a few items - mainly toiletries. We stopped at HyVee on the way home. The first thing we noticed was a grocery cart with a couple of bags and a woman's purse go rolling past us - with no human in close sight. I retrieved the cart and began looking for the "owner" and spotted an older lady being assisted by a younger lady - seemed to be looking for something. I got their attention and returned cart, purse, and groceries to the lady. I am glad the cart didn't hit the car (or any car) as a good size dent would have been made as it had really picked up some speed. Jim sat in the car with the a/c going while I went in to utilize the "senior" discount again today.

I fixed refried bean burritos this a.m. and went on and baked them. I am not sure whether I'll use the microwave to heat them tonight or tomorrow, but knew I didn't want to have the oven on in this heat - supposed to be in the low 100s today with a heat index about 10 degrees higher. I also put a piece of salmon in the crockpot this a.m. as Jim is hungry for salmon patties. I'll probably fix them tonight as I have a full day on Thursday.

Jim will probably go to the Y on Thursday to walk. I have breakfast with the ladies, monthly haircut, RSVP board meeting, and library board meeting. I'll be ready for an easy meal tomorrow evening.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home