Friday, July 21, 2006

Fri. July 21

From a cooler MO,

Today has been delightful. I think the temp was in the mid 60s when we left Chillicothe this a.m. - about 8:30 - for Liberty. We were in light rain until almost Cameron.

Oh, that reminds me. The girls and I slept in until about 7:00 and by that time we were getting a delightful rain. Of course they needed to go outside so I grabbed an umbrella and out we went - or at least Trixie went out - Abby quickly returned to the sliding glass door - evidently didn't want to get wet as she did her morning puddling. I had an umbrella so picked up Abby and out to the grass we went with the umbrella over both of us and she had a long puddle. I would not have been surprised if this had been Trixie as Abby is usually the brave one.

We first went to the Liberty Hospital where Jim left his broken hearing aide with the tech person at Dr. Luce's office. Then we headed to the admitting area where I needed to update my file so I could get my annual mammogram. I was surprised when I got to the "holding" area in the mammogram area as no other women were there - usually there are at least three or four. I need to ask Dr. Metry about this. I mentioned to the tech person about my tick bite and she put a "marker" on it - and I was quickly through the yearly procedure.

Jim and I then headed to Borders where his book had arrived. Then we backtracked to Red Lobster for an early lunch. We then backtracked some more to the hospital and headed up to the fourth floor to see Vickie. She and Diana Boyd were wheeling Vickie's mom to the elevator to head to the radiation area. Jim and I went on to the room where David and Larry told us that Wednesday would be the last day for radiation and then Mrs. Melte would be transported to Chillicothe to a swing bed at Hedrick. She will begin chemo and see how that goes. The family is spending a lot of time with her as they don't see much chance of her getting better.

I drove to the NKC area this a.m. and also drove home. Jim was quite tired (am thinking he was still tired from over doing it on Thursday at the Y) and he dozed much of the way home. I didn't think I was that tired, but evidently a good size lunch did its trick on me and I headed to the bedroom when we got back - just before 2:00 - and slept until 5:00!

We have just pieced on leftovers this evening as both of us ate a lot more than usual at noon. We have sat outside some as there is a delightful breeze from the north - and of course the girls love to be on our laps.

We are hoping to go through the Farmer's Market area in the a.m. to look for some fresh veggies - and then have nothing specific planned for the rest of the day. Oh, yes, I do need to mow the backyard area as it is much easier to do a "poop swoop" if the grass is shorter.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home