Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sat. & Sun. July 22 and 23rd

From another day of relative coolness in MO,

We have been very fortunate in that we have escaped the storms that St. Louis and its surrounding area have experienced. I think the KC Star this a.m. indicated that over 400,000 homes and businesses were without electricity (thank goodness the temp the last couple of days has been cooler, but it is supposed to warm up again). I know electrical workers have been sent to St. Louis to help get electricity flowing again and one of the KC tv stations indicated this a.m. that hospital personnel are also being sent.

We spent much of Saturday recuperating from our trip to KC on Friday (and Jim also over doing it at the Y on Thursday). I did get the riding lawn mower out yesterday afternoon and cut the grass in the abbreviated backyard of the girls. I had also gotten the push mower out to do the perimeter of that space as it hadn't been done in several mowings - and guess who started it with the pull cord - Jim!!!! I was livid!!! He wanted to be proud of himself, but I'm afraid I saw nothing positive in his actions.

Pat Nichols had loaned me a book a couple of months ago - PROMISES TO KEEP by Hy and Barbara Brett. It had been sitting on the dining room table all this while and I picked it up yesterday - then had a difficult time putting it down. I finished it a little after 10:00 last night - headed to the bedroom and the girls didn't even attempt getting on the bed - just headed right to their sleeping crate. I didn't hear anything from them until almost 5:00 this a.m. - took them outside - and they returned to the crate until Jim wandered through the bedroom about 6:30.

Jim had another restless night. I suggested that we go to Country Kitchen this a.m. for a plain waffle - which we did - and then we walked the perimeter of WalMart. When we got home, Jim tried taking a nap on the bed, but eventually gave up and is now in the recliner. After sleeping so well last night I thought that I would make it today with out a nap, but already at 10:30, I am ready to go down.

We did go to the local Farmer's Market yesterday and bought some zucchini, tomatoes, and a cantaloupe. I need to fix the latter a little later today and get the mess out to the composte container. We have been eating sugar free angel food cake as an evening dessert - along with either strawberries or canned fruit (that has used Splenda).

Monday a.m. will be active for us as Jim has rehab at 8:00 and I do the Mobile Meals computer work in the a.m. Either on Monday or Tuesday we will return to Liberty to get Jim's hearing aide that has been repaired. Monday is to be cooler than Tuesday, but we'll see how Jim feels after rehab.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home