Monday, July 31, 2006

Mon. July 31

From a hot and muggy MO -- actually hot might not be extreme enough!

The girls and Jim slept well last night. I got up with the girls about 4:30 and then didn't hear another thing from them until just before 7:00 when Jim was stirring. I climbed into my clothes from Sunday and took off on a surface street stroll. Actually I made good time until about 2 or 3 blocks from here and then the humidity and heat began to take a toll. My shower felt good at home - used a cool water - but it took a couple of hours for me to stop sweating.

I did use the sweeper at home, but at a lesiurely pace - wanted to get this done before it would interfere with Jim's television. He had a good workout at rehab this a.m. and was ready to rest when he got home.

When he did get home, I took off on some errands - xerox, post office, and HyVee. It was good to get home and cool off. We did get out about 11:00 to go to our new coffee shop to have our anniversay "celebration" with a cool drink.

Jim had trouble staying away from the fence area after he returned from rehab. He disappeared on me and I found him moving some items away from the fence as Duke was coming this a.m. to begin the repair of the fence. Needless to say I wasn't happy and asked him if he wanted to start making funeral arrangements - or I would make the arrangements for him. He admitted later in the day that his outside tasks had really wiped him out. Oh, well - I know he feels frustrated that he can't do much, but I figure doing a little is better than being six feet under!

We watched tv for most of the afternoon. Jim dozed briefly in the recliner about 4:00 - but otherwise we did not go down for a significant nap.

I had a yellow warning light come on today - actually came on Saturday, but when I turned the engine off it didn't come on again. I was heading out on my morning errands and went by Barnes Baker so they could see the light on - then took the car in later - of course the part needed isn't in stock, but will be ordered. I need to go by in the a.m. and see when it should be in.

At this point we don't have much planned for Tuesday. I will do some weekly shopping at HyVee so as to get the "old geezer" discount, but plan on mildewing for most of the day.

Be safe.
B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home